29 noviembre 2012

54 Years ago, Neil Sedaka has his debut hit, "The Diary," reach #14 on the charts. Co-written by Howard Greenfield it was the beginning of a career that is still going strong. Little Amthony & the Imperials had a strong cover version in 1959









How I'd like to look into that little book 
 The one that has the lock and key 
 And know the boy that you care for 
 The boy who's in your diary 
 When it's late at night what is the name you write?
 Oh, what I'd give if I could see 
 Am I the boy that you care for? 
 The boy who's in your diary 
 Do you recall and make note of all The little things I say and do? 
 The name you underline, I'm hoping that it's mine 
 Darling, I'm so in love with you-oo 
 Please don't leave me blue, make all my dreams come true 
 You know how much you mean to me 
 Say I'm the boy that you care for 
 The boy who's in your di-a-ry

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario